Forum Discussion

Will_Findlay
Community Member
3 months ago

With Reach 360 turned on, can you no longer just share to the web?

The administrator of our team turned on Reach 360, and now I no longer have an option to just share using a simple link. The administrator is someone in our IT department and it isn't their job to publish courses, so I'm afraid they won't see my request if I use Reach 360, and I don't really need the features of Reach 360 for this particular course. Is there no longer a way to share on Articulate's servers outside of using Reach 360?

Will_Findlay
    Community Member

oh... I think I get it now. That feature was removed. Here is the old version of the documentation vs the new version.  Looks like from June to October of 2023 you could do both -- Share a Web Link and Share to Reach 360, but after that "Share a Web Link" was removed from this article. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Will,

The option to generate a share link for a Rise 360 course is still there. You just need to click on the Share -> Preview option to make the link visible for copying and pasting. 

Let me know if this is the share link you were looking for!

Will_Findlay
        Community Member

Thanks Jose! I am relieved to see this is still available.

I think because this option is named the same thing as the Preview button in the upper right corner, I thought it was equivalent when I first saw it. Now I see that that these two "Previews" have different functions:

• The Preview button allows you, as an author, to see what your course will look like. You must be signed in to Rise to use it.
        • The Share > Preview "twisty" is a way to generate a publically viewable web link.

Thanks again for pointing out that the feature is still there.