Forum Discussion

JustineGammelin
Community Member
4 months ago

Problem with exporting XLIFF file for translation from Rise

Hi there !

I am trying to export a Rise course for translation with Deepl. Deepl only works with XLIFF files extension. 

But when I export my course from Rise, the format is XLF, and not XLIFF, even though Rise is supposed to convert your course under the XLIFF file extension.

How can I manage to obtain the correct file's extension please ?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Justine

• Hi Justine!

Happy to share some insight on this!

DeepL requires XLIFF version 2.1 files, but currently Rise 360 only exports version 1.2. Not to worry! We are tracking a feature request to support XLIFF 2.1 in Rise 360. I've included you in the feature report and will share updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Have a great start to your week!

LauterboeckA
      Community Member

Hi Steven,

please also add my voice to the feature report.
      We are very much looking forward to working with exports in XLIFF 2.1 as tables and charts in in XLIFF-files version 1.2 very often get disrupted. 

Thank you!

• Hi,

could you please also add my vote for this feature. The feature will add a lot of value to us!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Matthias!

Thanks for sharing the feedback!

I've added your voice to the feature report and will update this discussion if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap. Have a great rest of your week!

TonyCzech
    Community Member

I also need to use DeepL with Rise360. Please include my vote for this feature. I would also be very appreciative to hear from anyone on translation tools that work with Rise360. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Thanks for adding your voice for XLIFF 2.1 support in Rise 360, Anthony. Once this feature is added, you'll be able to use DeepL with Rise. I've informed our product team of your comments, and we'll let you know if there are any changes that might help.

I use SmartCat for testing, but I'm also opening the floor to our community members for their recommendations on translation tools.

Enjoy the rest of your day!