Forum Discussion

LoriMoser-402dd
Community Member
2 months ago

Word output

I have not been working with Storyline very long.  

I'm trying to publish a word version of my project.  Why does every page of word have the content inside a text box?

See attached picture - you can see the edges of the page in word, but my content is inside a text box on that page.  I drew blue lines around the text box.  Every page looks like this.

How do I stop this?  I just want the content published out to a word document with no text boxes around the content.

• Hi Lori, 

It looks like you meant to attach a picture to show us what you're seeing. Would you mind re-uploading it as an attachment here so we can check the behavior? 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Lori,

Thanks for the screenshots!

The expected behavior for courses published in Word is for the slides to appear as they would in edit mode. Here's a side-by-side comparison of a slide in edit view and the same slide after it was published in Word format. 

Is the screenshots of the slides in the Word document different from how the slides appear in edit mode for you? If yes, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. We'll delete it when we're done testing!

• Hello!

I believe when I publish to word, the table looks the same -- as it is inside the "box".  The outline around the table - it is outside the table itself.  Is there a way to make that go away when publishing?  So that the table is just a table and not inside that box?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Lori, 

There isn't an option to remove the box since this represents the functional area of the slide. When publishing to Word, the images in the published output are meant to represent how the slides and layers appear in your project. There's no option to export only the slide contents.