Forum Discussion

adamlarson
Community Member
4 months ago

xAPI sending completion message when user doesn't pass

Hello!  Has anyone run into using the xAPI, completion is set to passing the exam but when you test in an LMS, the LMS receives a completion message just by the user going through the whole course and NOT passing of the exam.   We offer continuing education on our courses and need it only to send completion when passing an exam.  How do we fix this? We wanted to take advantage of the data xAPIs have to offer but will convert back to SCORM if no solution.

• Hi Adam,

Happy to help!

I'm not seeing this behavior reported by other users so there's a chance this is isolated. As a troubleshooting step, test how your course behaves in a different LMS like SCORM Cloud to see if you can replicate the behavior there.

If the behavior is only happening in your LMS, contact their support team so they can investigate the behavior. If you can replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case for testing. We'll delete it when we're done!

adamlarson
    Community Member

SCORM Cloud is only good for small courses, as the free account only provides a limited amount of space to upload. So, I can only use that for very small courses. In this case, my courses are all over the 100 mb limit.   

What we have learned since this posted, the courses were set up properly, the LMS was not accepting the completion AND the success matrix from the course.   Once the LMS Vendor made the adjustment to show completion with success = passed the courses started reporting back to the LMS properly.