Audio issues with Review 360

Apr 20, 2022

I have a storyline 360 file where I have embedded little MP4s into some of the slides.  Everything seems to work in the previews.  However, when I publish it to Review 360 the sound does not play.  The slides act like they are playing but their is no audio.  Any ideas?

5 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Johnna.

Some modern browsers no longer allow audio to autoplay. If you have audio on the first slide or set it to advance automatically, the browser will expect the user to click. Does the audio start playing if you click on the slide?

If this is your scenario, here are two workarounds:

• Set the first slide (or the slide that comes before the one with the audio) to advance only when learners click a button or interact with it in some way.

• Insert silent audio on the first slide to trigger the Play button. You can use Storyline's Record Mic option for this.

Let me know if this works! If this is not your exact scenario, I'm happy to continue troubleshooting!

Johnna Hodges

Thank you again, Maria.  I had difficulty submitting a case.  I kept receiving this message, Your submission can't be verified. Please try again. If you need more help, please contact support at support@articulate.com.

Anyway, I did have to switch browsers, and then I was able to submit the case.  The case number is Case Number: 03178420 .

Thanks again.

Johnna