Audio loops when published to Storyline Reviewd360

May 01, 2023

I have a course that has audio on each slide. When the link that was published with Review360 plays the course on a HP Z-Book Fury the audio keeps repeating. Does anyone maybe know why? Is there a command I can put in the course to stop audio from play after it ends?

Thanks,

Nadja

5 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Nadja!

I'd be happy to help figure out why the audio in your course is continuing to play when it's not supposed to!

I just had some clarifying questions first:

• Have you tested the published Review 360 link on any other device besides the HP Z-Book Fury?
  • Is this issue occurring with all of the courses you publish or just one specifically?
  • Have you tried importing the slides into a new project file? If so, does the same issue remain?

It would be helpful to take a closer look at your .story file and test the issue out on our end. Would you be willing to share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case? We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

Nadja Sherelis

Hello Steven,

Yes, it has been tested on other devices. It only repeats using the HP Z-Book Fury. This is a client specific device. When I test on my PC trying various browsers I cannot duplicate the issue. I published 3 different courses and the audio repeats in each course. I have not tried to import into a new Storyline file. Also, do you know how I can make sure my version of Storyline is the most current. I open it and it does not ask me to upgrade. I want to make sure I have the most current version.

Thank you for your help. I'm trying various things like adding a trigger to force the audio to stop. Compressing the audio, and asking another person to publish the course.

Nadja

Jose Tansengco

Hello Nadja, 

Can I ask if your client's device meets the system requirements needed to properly view Storyline 360 published courses? If they do, try asking your client to view your courses using their browser's private or incognito mode. This will allow the browser to open the course with caching and browser extensions all disabled, and doing so will help isolate if one of those was the cause of the behavior. 

If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Nadja Sherelis

Dear Joe,

What do you mean by browser private, incognito mode. I don't know if we can get into asking the client to reset properties on their Fury book. I think we need to work with what they have. Also, how can I be sure I have the most current version of Storyline 360. I open it but it does not ask me to do any updates, but I know when was just released in April 25th. I don't remember ever getting a notification to update.

Thanks,

Nadja

Steven Benassi

Hi Nadja!

I'd be happy to help expand on the troubleshooting solutions Joe offered to you!

I've recorded this Peek to provide a little more insight into how you can access incognito browser windows. Your clients wouldn't need to change their property settings in order to open a webpage in private mode.

Also, to your question about checking which version of Storyline 360 you are currently running, please see the below link with steps on how to do that.

I wanted to include this article as well, which goes into more detail about updating and managing the Articulate 360 desktop apps:

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions!