Unable to upload Storyline course into Review 360

Jun 23, 2021

I saw this issue discussed in a forum that goes back several months. Storyline 360 is unable to publish to Review 360. It stalls and eventually issues a dialog message telling me to check my internet connection (screen capture attached). The network is fine and no other applications are having problems. This started a few days ago. I have read through all the articles on this and nothing there has helped, or is not relevant. Here are the key points:

1. This is not a new or large course. I cannot publish either a new version or update a previously published version.
  2. I also cannot publish even a stub course with a single text only slide.
    I have turned off my VPN and started with a fresh boot and instance of Storyline.
  3. My network is 5G, and is performing flawlessly with all other applications.
    I have shut down all other applications, including browser tabs and email. I have also cold booted the entire network, from modem to router.
  4. I have tried with the latest versions of Safari, Chrome and Firefox, all of which are listed as supported browsers.
  5. I have tried the pull approach from the Review 360 site. It says I can upload a zipped course package. This also stalls. Even after an hour, it has not finished.
  6. I have tried with a fresh install of Storyline 360 on a different machine. Same.
  7. There is nothing technically wrong with the course itself. I can publish it to my LMS and it plays flawlessly, but my clients need the review site to be working.

This is an urgent issue, as I have several key clients who need to review and approve 5 different courses at the moment. In the prior forum, nothing was ever posted about a resolution or workaround, despite people asking for one. I hope that does not happen here, again.

10 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Jason.

Thank you for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this error when trying to upload your project to Review 360!

Since you already tried a few of the troubleshooting steps, I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf. You should hear from our team via e-mail soon. 

Jason Questor

I spent an hour on Zoom with an Articulate support rep just now. We worked together and determined that the issue was with Windows Firewall. When Storyline updated, Windows Firewall no longer recognized it.

1. Go to Settings / Network & Internet.
  2. At the bottom of the screen, find and click Windows Firewall.
  3. Find and click Allow an app through firewall.
  4. Click on the Change Settings button.
  5. Click on the Allow another app... button.
  6. Click on the Browse... button.
  7. The idea is to find all the Articulate executables and whitelist them for Windows Firewall. Mine were all under C:\Program Files (x86\Articulate\360. Each application has a subfolder there: Desktop Application, Desktop Service, Peek, Replay, Storyline, Studio.
  8. Windows does not allow you to select more than one at a time, so you have to go through this for each executable. Pick one and double click it.
  9. You will be returned to the list of allowed apps. Click the Add button.
  10. Repeat for all the others.

After doing this, and restarting the system, full publish functionality to Review 360 was restored. I suspect that this might happen again with the next Storyline update. Just have to wait and see.

Las Johnson

Anyone else having issues uploading (publishing) to Review 360
The process gets as far as 'Uploading course' and does nothing else.
Have restarted, cleared cache, changed network today.
Was working fine yesterday, no issues - uploaded in 5 mins
This is all i have seen for the last couple of hours, i cancel it after half an hour

Jose Tansengco

Hi Las, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience. 

If only one Storyline 360 project file is experiencing the issue, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Las Johnson

Hi Joe,

Has taken me most of the morning, but tracked back to yesterday.

1. Was any thing different?  -

Yes, MS One Drive synching files, although the files where on a local drive and not being downloading from the one drive server.
I was allowed you open and save the storyline files, but it looks to be an issue or conflict with storyline and one drive when publishing to Review 360 platform.

I have disconnected MS One Drive, restarted my machine and have now been able to publish all files. which unfortunately leaves me without a cloud back up/synch

Really sketchy, not had this happen before

Barbara Herman

Hi All, my company upgraded my laptop and I am having this issue. My IT folks added all the apps as indicated above and still having issues publishing to Review 360 (getting no internet connection error), and to LMS 1.2 SCORM, taking a long time to publish and videos don't play once in my LMS. 

We even moved every thing to the local drive, still no luck.

I have gone through my company VPN and without the VPN....things seem to move faster when connected to my company VPN, but still not able to publish to Review 360 or create SCORM Packages with videos that work. I can still use my old system without any problems.....

Does Articulate have recommended Windows Firewall settings?

Kelly Auner

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue. I've opened a support case on your behalf so we can investigate what's going on. You'll be hearing from one of our Support Engineers soon via email. In the meantime, this article lists Articulate's endpoints that must be enabled for the apps to run correctly.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Sharon,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. Can I ask if you are able to publish a blank new Storyline 360 project file to Review 360 without any issues? You'll want to make sure that you're working locally when attempting to publish. 

If publishing a new project file also doesn't work, try doing a repair of your Storyline 360 installation to fix the issue. 

If the behavior is isolated to the project file that you are working on, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!