Versioning videos in Articulate Review

Apr 09, 2018

Hi all,

As well as using Review to review our Storyline and Rise projects, we also use it a great deal to review videos.

A great deal of our videos are created in Camtasia and then the mp4's uploaded to Review, this works really well for the most part.

The only issue is related to versioning.  When uploading a mp4 to review, you can't then upload as a new version to the same object.  This means unless you keep all the versions of the video in review or export all comments and maintain these offline, there is no way to check previous versions / resolved comments etc.

It would be great to have a way of uploading a new version of a mp4, thus enabling you to keep comments, share URL, password etc. intact.

Thanks,

Matt

15 Replies
Matt Bradshaw

Hi all,

As a workaround I create a Articulate Replay project for each video and then add the MP4 to this and publish the Replay project to review.  If I need to change the video following feedback, I replace the video in the replay project with the updated version and then re-publish.

This allows me to keep all the older review comments,

Thanks,

Matt

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Everyone

I have great news to share!

We just released an update for Review 360. In this update, we’ve included the following feature:

Manually Upload Video Versions - Click here for additional information.

Since Review 360 is a web app, there's nothing to install! New features and fixes are available immediately.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.