Will link in PDF works after printing the slide?

Mar 13, 2023

Hello All,

I have a hyperlink (information = google page) and gave a trigger to (word link) of printing the slide. When I review, the link works properly. But when I download the pdf and click on the hyperlink, it doesn't work.

All i want is somehow the link should work after downloading pdf.

Can anyone help me from this problem? Am I missing anything? or is there any other way to solve?

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Abhishek!

Thank you for sharing your .story file! I tested it on my end and noticed the same behavior when viewing the slide as a PDF - the links were not clickable. This is expected behavior if you view the PDF on Mac's Preview app or Adobe Acrobat for iOS or Android. How are you viewing the PDF?

Lastly, is there a reason why you're using PDF rather than publishing to Web or LMS? I ask because you might find that your users will run into the same issue if they view the PDF with different software.

Abhishek Maurya

Hi Lauren,

Hope you are doing well! and thank you for response.

I am opening PDF using basic Edge/Chrome PDF reader. But I am sure, the link will not work in Acrobat Reader also. (Hope I am wrong :p)

I tried in Review 360 and publishing as LMS also. The link is not working in that also.

My requirement is, I am trying to create a survey sort of questions, with different options and as the user selects the options, it will customize the final page according to the options in real time using triggers and variables. That final page will have customized links and hyperlinks based on options chosen. I wish user should print the result page with links so that they can refer later on.
In short, it will be dynamic and in real time, which in end will be provided with links and option of downloading/printing the slide.

Hope I am clear in my needs. Do let me know if anything more is required. Kindly help me.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Abhishek, 

Thanks so much for providing us with additional information. It’s helpful to understand more about what you are experiencing and looking to achieve.

I’d like to recommend having our E-Learning Heroes Community Members weigh in on this as it is a specific design request and functionality you’re looking for within your PDF. Perhaps there are folks who have been able to solve a similar design requirement like this! I’m curious to hear what they will say!