Align Img&txt with Paragraph?

Jun 09, 2021

Hello,

When creating a sequence of blocks, if I have an image and text block, then add a paragraph or paragraph and heading block, the image and text block margin formatting seems to kick it out further to the right than the paragraph blocks.  Is there a way to mandate a uniform right margin so that they read together smoothly while incorporating (or not incorporating) images?

Also, a side note, the image and paragraph blocks seem to use a different font than the paragraph blocks.  Is there a way to adjust this?

10 Replies
John Nelson

I appreciate the answers.

For the right margin, problematic ... yes.  Very.

The "R" in Reports in these two sections is different.  Paragraph with Subheading, the right side of the R is smooth (Arial?), Image with Text, the right side has outcrops at top and bottom of the R (Times New Roman?).

Rob Beer

This is ALWAYS the first thing that clients ask to be resolved when they feedback and we have to spend a while talking them around that there's nothing we can do. It can actually be quite damaging to relationships too.

You would definitely think that alignment across the different blocks would be a standard with the software.

As it's not, do any superstar learning heroes or staff know if this is something that can be resolved in the code of the published  SCORM?

Not an ideal solution but I'd rather make the effort than have it look as it does with these yucky default settings.

John Nelson

"This is ALWAYS the first thing that clients ask to be resolved when they feedback and we have to spend a while talking them around that there's nothing we can do. It can actually be quite damaging to relationships too.

You would definitely think that alignment across the different blocks would be a standard with the software."

Amen.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, folks. I'm sorry you haven't heard from us in this particular discussion. We have a feature request logged to be able to adjust the alignment in your blocks specifically to match margins from block to block. 

We'll share an update here and in other discussions if this makes it onto our near term roadmap.