Articulate Rise backspace annoyance

May 27, 2019

Hi there,

I LOVE Rise! I've been experiencing a frustrating issue lately when using back space key. When I use backspace to delete a word, it also deletes the space between the last letter character and new character. In other words, the cursor jumps to the end of the last word instead of maintaining the space between them. As a result, the new character/word is bunched against the previous one and I'm spending a lot of time having to go back and add the space again. Since I spend so much time on the keyboard, it's really slowing me down.

Can this be fixed please? It is incredible frustrating. Thanks a mil!

6 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Thaabiet,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here. I just tried this out and when I use backspace to delete, it's deleting each character one at a time.

Since I wasn't able to reproduce the issue you're seeing here, the quickest way to resolve it is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Leah Hemeon

Hi there, I know this is a very old conversation but I wanted to chime in. I'm also experiencing this issue in Rise. I'm using the latest version of Chrome on Mac. The issue didn't always happen but it has been happening a lot lately. I have tried using Firefox and the issue cropped up there too. It happened on my other machine (a laptop) using Chrome last week. It's getting mighty annoying. I'll try to capture a Peek recording of the behaviour and submit it to support. 

Crystal Horn

Thanks for that Peek in your case, Leah. I was able to reproduce this issue by starting a new line with bold formatting, removing the bold with keyboard shortcuts, and then typing in plain text. Whenever I backspaced, the space between words was deleted too. This happened whether I used bold, underlined, or italicized text at the start of the line.

I'll write up these reproduction steps for our team so we can have a look. The best workaround I can offer right now is to type your text without any formatting to start, and then highlight and apply the formatting to your text once you're done. I'm sorry for the annoyance!