Articulate Rise VIdeo Upload Error

Feb 02, 2021

Hi everyone

I hope everyone is well and safe.

I keep getting Error when trying to upload a video to articulate Rise. It doesn't give me any further details. Just a red exclamation mark in a circle and the word ERROR next to it with the option to dismiss the message at the side. I am using Google Chrome. Tried about 4 times now. Anyone else having the same issue? It gets right to the end of the upload, then fails.

Best wishes! 

16 Replies
Sachin Taank

I managed to do this from a different laptop a little while later but I haven't tried again. I will let you know if it happens again.

Kind regards

Sachin

Coventry Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation
Authority (firm reference number 150892 www.fca.org.uk) and is a member of the
Building Societies Association. Registered Office: Coventry Building Society,
Economic House, PO Box 9, High Street, Coventry CV1 5QN.

Godiva Mortgages Limited is registered in England and Wales (with company
registration number 5830727) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority (firm reference number 457622 www.fca.org.uk). Registered
Office: Godiva Mortgages Limited, Oakfield House, Binley Business Park,
Harry Weston Road, Coventry CV3 2TQ.

ITL Mortgages Limited is registered in England and Wales (with company
registration number 2321779) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority (firm reference number 302608 www.fca.org.uk). Registered
Office: ITL Mortgages Limited, Oak Tree Court, Binley Business Park,
Harry Weston Road, Coventry CV3 2UN.

Derick Young

I am trying to upload a 45min webinar MP4, and same issue. This is not the first time either. After 10mins I check and then errors out, I have to keep trying all day to finally get it to stick. I know it is a larger file, but this should still work. It will upload right away, then gets stuck on Processing and errors out. Any suggestions? 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for sharing your experience, David. I'm sorry the video upload took so long! Video upload speed is often dependent on your internet connection and the size of the file. We recommend hosting the video on a site like Vimeo or YouTube if you're able to, then embedding the video in Rise using a multimedia embed block. This will reduce the overall file size, as well! 

Sachin Taank

Having the same error again today. Been trying all day. Tried from 2 different machines. Same error. Is there an upload issue at the moment? Little bit annoyed as my Storyline file has also corrupted and when I tried to submit a case ticket, and clicked Submit, the page just stuck. 

What is going at at the moment?

David Bieniecki

Hello, I am having the exact same problem. I have tried every day this week to upload videos and I get the same result. After about 90 seconds, I receive the error message. I have tried three different courses, as well as three different videos of different sizes. I am using Chrome and cleared the cache but no help. I also tried outside the company VPN, same results. I talked to a colleague in my organization yesterday, and he is not experiencing any issues with uploading videos. Not sure what to do, please advise. thanks David

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Elizabeth! So sorry to hear that you are getting an error message when you are trying to upload a video in Rise. 

Let's try the following:

1. Please make sure that your browser is updated. 

2. Try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior, Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

4. If the above steps do not work, kindly try clearing your cache to see if it will resolve the issue. Here's how to do it.

If these steps do not work, please open a case with us here.
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Document Control! Thanks for reaching out here in the E-Learning Heroes forum and for also opening a support case. I see your case wasn't resolved, so I wanted to check in. Are you still running into an error when uploading a video to your Rise 360 lesson?

Please let us know how it's going, and we'll continue working with you to get this resolved. 

Eric Santos

Hi Soorena,

I'm sorry for the trouble uploading the video file! I was able to upload a sample MP4 file on my end.

video file uploaded to Rise successfully

You may try using Incognito mode to rule out possible browser extensions that may be causing the problem. If this does not work, use a different supported browser with the latest updates.

I'm happy to look at your video file to investigate further as needed. You can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.