Best way to show/provide "optional" information in courses?

Jun 11, 2021

Hi all,

We are converting an 8-hour ILT to a 30-minute Rise course for a client, and we've been able to cull some of their content into 'required' and 'optional' buckets (or 'essential' and 'supportive'). 

I want to design something that allows learners to click on something (like, "Want to learn more? Click here!") that takes them to somewhere else in the course - some text, some images, an interaction, etc. - and then go back to the main flow of learning afterwards.

I *also* want to avoid having these optional/supportive course elements show up in the table of contents on the main page or anywhere else, because I want the course to "look" short and digestible. We don't have an external website to host this additional content. 

TL;DR Is there a way to "hide" parts of a Rise course from the main flow of learning?

1 Reply
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Kris! Right now there isn't an option to hide parts of a Rise course or lessons from the menu, and Rise does not have the functionality to show certain lessons within the menu based on the path that the user is taking. You may want to check out this thread for suggestions on branching courses. Hope this helps!