Block Templates not saving

Oct 19, 2022

I'm having an issue the last several days of not being able to copy and save template blocks to re-use, which is an issue for formatting and sharing information between courses. I can add the blocks to a new template as usual but when I save, even after I get a success message, when I go back into the templates screen and try to add the new block template, it shows that it is not loaded and processing. It seems to time out. 

I am seeing this on multiple computers with different block types, even just saving a knowledge check. 

Is anyone else seeing this issue or have a solution?

15 Replies
Gavin Statham

Hi Amy

Ii have seen this a lot recently, it occurs mostly when you have two+ rise tabs open. close them all down and open the one you wish to copy, create your template and then go back into the one you want.

I know this is a pain because you want both open to expedite the process. I am sure this did not used to be a problem though!!

Amy Hengst

Somehow I did not see all these messages till just now! It has been appearing to work recently.

I am very guilty of having multiple Rise instances open and so that could be the culprit.

I just tested right now and everything is working smoothly -- but differently than before. Now it is setting everything and saving in Alphabetical order rather than in Recent list. 

Eric Santos

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear you're hitting this snag! I'm happy to help troubleshoot and let's start with the items below:

A) Use Incognito mode to rule out possible browser extensions that may be causing the problem.

B) Use a different browser; ensure your browser has the latest updates. Here's a list of supported browsers for authoring Rise 360 content.

C) Connect to a different network. Your office network may be blocking the Rise course.

If the issue persists, please connect with us in a support case so we can investigate further. It would be helpful if you could include a recording of the issue. Thanks for your patience!

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Kristin! So sorry to hear this is happening to your colleague. Can you ask your colleague to record a quick Peek screen recording of what they're seeing? Please open a case with us through this link and include the recording. One of our technical support engineers can work with you directly!