Can I stop Continue buttons disappearing?

Apr 04, 2022

The Next Lesson buttons are not viewable on iPhone when installing SCORM in Moodle because the Moodle iFrame cuts them off.  This is a known issue. 

To get around this, we added 100px padding to the bottom of the Continue buttons and put Continue button dividers at the bottom of Lessons.  This means that the user can successfully click through to the next Lesson, via the Continue button.

The PROBLEM however is that the Continue button disappears once the LMS remembers the Lesson position.  So, if a user goes back to re-access the content, they will not be able to navigate. 

Please see attached the video, you will notice this issue at the end as I go back to the previous lesson.

I am well aware of the general intention of the Continue button but we rely on this workaround to make mobile browsing work.  

p.s. I am the LMS Moodle admin, so there isn't anyone else for me to speak to about this.

5 Replies
Liz Tyler

Hi,

I have the same issue with the continue buttons disappearing, however, I have several placed throughout each lesson that are set so that the block above has to be completed before they appear on screen. I need a solution where they can be used to move to the next block rather than the next lesson, so adding a button block isn't the answer for me - unless there's a way to add the next block as the location - or can the button block only add a chosen lesson as a location?

Thank you and I hope that makes sense?

Liz

Karl Muller

Hi Liz,

When designing a new course it is important to understand that by design, Continue divider blocks only appear the first time a user takes a Rise Lesson.

Continue blocks are hidden if the user returns to a previously completed lesson.

Button blocks will always go to the first block of the destination Lesson.

Humberto Anthony

I also need the continue button to remain visible on following retakes of the course. As Liz explained, the link to take them to the next lesson is not a viable option for the specific training I'm doing. I saw a post about this same issue, and requesting adding the option as an enhancement, that was timestamped 3 years ago. Hopefully this is still on the to-do list.