45 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Yael,

Thanks for reaching out! Rise is still a part of the Articulate 360 suite of tools and no plans yet to split it out for individual purchase. You may want to take a look at the trial of Articulate 360 here! and see how the different tools will work and how they work together, and here's a nice breakdown of how each of the tools will help with your course creation.

If you have any questions about pricing or the specifics of how each tool may work for you, our Sales team is happy to talk through it with you. 

Drew Everett

Now that Gomo is creating market pressure for cloud-hosted intuitive authoring, Rise should have a separate purchase track for lighter weight users. Perhaps a subscription model with the option for annual upfront at a discount. Not much longer until Adobe CaptiveCloud is released either...

If Gomo or some other new browser-based tool is able to disrupt and take market share from the established brands (like yours), it will be very difficult to avoid being viewed as legacy by a younger generation of authors.

Not only should Rise 'rise up' and jump out and be extremely competitively priced, it should offer an enterprise license option to capture the most value possible and be as sticky as possible to these larger consumers of your products. 

Christian King

Typically after an elearning project is complete it needs to be reviewed by the SME who often makes changes to the wording of text. With only a handful of accounts it's not possible to do this, so the elearning developer has to note the changes, apply them in Rise and then ask the SME to review again. A possible solution to this would be an account type that could be used by the SME for flagging edits (i.e. like track changes or review in Word).

Thanks, Christian. That's helpful! If you're using Rise, have you also looked at publishing to Review? That is a great way to allow SMEs to make comments on the course as they interact with it, and it'll create a screen capture of what they see when the comment is submitted. 

Also, if you're using a 360 Teams account, you could look at adding your SMEs to a seat and inviting them to collaborate on a Rise course to make edits. 

Oh, glad I mentioned it! It's a part of your Articulate 360 subscription and easy enough to use with Rise. We've got two helpful user guides that I've also linked for you below!

Carey Garback

We purchased Storyline 3, which we were told would have most of the same features as 360, other than it not having a review and being a subscription.  This appears to have been inaccurate information.  At a minimum, it would be helpful if Rise could be purchased as an add-on to Storyline 3.

Hi Carey, 

Storyline 3 has a lot of the same features as Storyline 360, and we update both to keep the files compatible too. Storyline 360 will always be the most up to date.  The other components such as; Rise, Content Library, Review, etc are all a part of the larger Articulate 360 subscription and aren't sold with Storyline 3 or individually.

I'm sorry if that wasn't clear during your purchase process, and I'll share this experience with our Sales team. If you'd like to discuss this further with our team, I know they'll be happy to help. Reach out to the Sales team using any of the contact options here. 

Sarah Bezanson

Agree with posters about the need to be able to purchase standalone products. The suite is over-purchasing for a great many organizations. The yearly subscription is not proving very valuable. I would like to migrate to Storyline 3 next year, but still need a few other tools. Articulate's current offerings don't allow our business to customize our purchase to those things that will be useful to us.

Jennifer Stinnett

Just wanted to chime in as I was looking for these answers on Google and found this page. I'm currently purchasing for our org that only uses Mac systems and I would buy Rise in a heartbeat if I could. But I can not justify asking my org to pay 1k/year to use a small portion of a package. (And no... we don't want to boot camp our system.) Such a bummer. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the feedback!

Even if you aren't able to use the desktop apps because you're working on macs and don't want to use virtual machines, I think you'll find that you use more than just Rise 360.

Content Library 360 is a great resource for high-quality graphic assets and Review 360 will save you tons of time during the review process. And of course there's also all the great webinars you can access via Articulate 360 Training.

I realize you still wouldn't be using the entire package, but it may be easier to justify if you're using 4 apps/resources in the solution versus just 1.

Hope that's helpful! 

Jocelyn Crist

Is there a way to buy a license to the 360 copy we've purchased?  There are 2 of us that are creating content for our organization, and we have one copy, which is only able to be used by 1 person.  Other programs we have, we are able to purchase the software, and then purchase additional licenses.  

Allison LaMotte

Hi Jocelyn,

Do you have an Articulate 360 Teams subscription or an individual subscription? If you have a Teams subscription, it's super easy to add additional seats. Here's how that works.

If you have an individual subscription, please reach out to our sales team so they can help you out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Carla Segurola

I would like to chime in here and say it would be great to buy a separate seat just for RISE. Articulate team should consider allowing this if at least one seat user at the company purchased the full package. For example, I am an ID and utilize the full package so I have this functionality. Other members of the team have expressed an interest in Rise exclusively as they don't use the other tools. To have user seats attached to our account that only allow that functionality would be a super helpful add-on for companies that don't want to buy full package additional seats but would be open to a smaller figure for just that one software piece.

Calvin Lo

Hi Ashley, I may have misunderstood your comment here. When you say invite SME to collaborate on a Rise course to make edits, does the SME need a 360 account to do so? I would like to allow our technical writer access to our courses so he can do copy-editing directly but he doesn't need the whole 360 suite.