Color mismatch between Rise 360 and design applications

Mar 28, 2024

Hey all,

I'm experiencing an issue with importing assets into Rise 360 courses where the colors don't match my lesson headers despite using the same hex code. For instance, a lesson header color is #123456 and I create a shape divider in PowerPoint or Adobe Illustrator or another application with the same code #123456, and the imported asset is always a shade lighter than the lesson header. 

I know that design applications and web browsers deal with color space and hex codes differently, and I'm wondering if anyone knows about any workarounds to ensure that colors match up exactly without having to troubleshoot tints, shades, brightness, etc.? Or if anyone knows how Rise 360 works with colors?

On another note, does anyone know how to make suggestions directly to Articulate (aside from opening a case)? I feel like I have dozens of suggestions to improve the UI/UX of Rise 360 but I haven't found a good venue to submit feedback directly.

Thanks

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Justin,

Rise processes all images and videos when they are inserted into a block.

If you don't want Rise to do any processing to your images, add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file.

So car.png will become car_NOPROCESS_.png 

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that file size limits still apply.

Source https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Best-Practices-for-Images-Videos-and-Audio-in-Rise-Courses