Forum Discussion

ArcserveAcademy
Community Member
3 months ago

Screen Recording Time mismatch

Hello There,

When I record using the "record screen" option in Storyline 360, I am facing a challenge.  Say if I record my screen for 1 minute 40 seconds, when I insert, the screen capture only shows for 1 minute 35 seconds or 36 seconds.  I do pause during the screen recording.  What should I do to get my entire screen recording?  Please advise.

• Hello Arcserve Academy,

Thanks for reaching out!

I tried testing the behavior by making three recordings. Here are the tests of my results: 

• 30-second recording without pauses - This resulted in a final recording duration of 31 seconds
    • 31 recond recording with pauses - 32-second video output
    • 1 minute and 40-second recording with pauses - 1-minute 41-second final output

It looks like you lost about 5 seconds in your screen recording. Can I ask if those 5 seconds contained any action steps? Or were the 5 seconds just periods of no movement in your recording? 

As a troubleshooting step, try repairing your Storyline 360 installation to see if this corrects the behavior. If repairing doesn't work, and your recording is not picking up some of the actions you are doing while recording your screen, please open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening.