Download video from a course

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that you no longer seem to have the option to download a video that is on a rise 360 course. Before, if there was a video, you could right click the video and you would get some options, including the option to download the video to your computer. Now, when you right click the video, it doesn't do anything. I've tried this on several browsers.

Is there a way to go around this?

I translate rise courses from a different language, and when they share courses with me, I need the ability to download the videos in the course to edit them/subtitle them.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies
Annie Louden

Hello! I recently submitted a ticket about this, and the support person made an enhancement request on my behalf that I need the ability to download videos that I have uploaded to Rise. I understand not wanting learners to download videos to protect intellectual property. But if I'm editing a Rise course, with my Articulate license, it seems I should have access to this. 

So, please bring this feature back for course authors.

Alyssa Gomez

That's right, Annie!

Here's an easy way to access a video file you used in a Rise course:

1. Export the course for Web.
  2. Open the zipped output folder, and you'll find another folder called "assets." All of the media files can be found inside that folder. 
  3. Scroll through the files in the assets folder until you find the one you need. Move that video file to your desktop.