Error Message when upload published Rise file to SuccessFactors LMS

Jan 24, 2020

Has anyone been able to import a published Rise SCORM 1.2 to SuccessFactors LMS?

I have created a Rise eLearning module, published it for LMS (SCORM 1.2) and attempted to import the .zip to Successfactors LMS. However, I keep getting this error: An error was detected: getzipFile(filename,uploadID,addXMLFilesOnly) error occured while retrieving the file from db. I have researched on SuccessFactors Help portal and they recommend removing the </IOM> from the manifest file and re-zipping. However, I cannot find any </IOM> reference in the manifest file. 

58 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for the new information you've shared in the last couple of days. 

Stephen -- I appreciate you letting us know that you were able to download a Rise 360 course from home and successfully upload it to SuccessFactors. This supports our theory that network security software could be adding metadata to Rise 360 output files. 

Why doesn't this happen to Studio 360 and Storyline 360 output files?

Studio 360 and Storyline 360 are installed on your desktop. When you export LMS files from these tools, the entire export process happens locally on your hard drive.  You aren't downloading anything from the web. 

Rise 360 is a web app. When you export LMS files from Rise 360, a file is downloaded from the web, and network security software gets involved in that download process. 

This is also why you aren't able to successfully upload the sample Rise 360 course I shared earlier in this discussion thread. When you download the sample file from the E-Learning Heroes website, the network security software adds metadata to the file. 

In short, this is going to happen to any file you download from the web, but not on files you export from desktop software.

Please let me know if you have any further questions about this! 

Dana Collins

Alyssa,

Hi Alyssa, I understand the difference between the web based and the desktop based publishing. I'm just curious as to why this worked for everyone (see many previous posts) until summer 2019 and then it started doing this. Since Rise is the common denominator with all of the companies reporting this issue, can you tell us what changed in Rise in 2019 that caused this metadata to be added? It's puzzling that this worked for so long and then suddenly didn't work for many of us.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Dana,

Thanks for your message. We didn't make any changes to Rise in 2019 that would have caused this to happen, and that's why this issue has been so difficult for us and the SuccessFactors team to nail down. It wasn't until we began working closely with affected customers that we realized a trend with network security software adding metadata to files downloaded from the web. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there,

We don't have an update at this time. You may want to try publishing and uploading a new version of your content to your LMS from a different network, like a home or mobile network if you're using your business network. If that doesn't work, please reach out to us here, and we'll see if we can help further!

Dino Apostolopoulos

HI folks,

In our case we run into failed uploads with our translated French courses. That is, the English course works fine, but once we translate the course, we start to run into troubles.

Here are some fixes that have worked for us:

  • Remove accents from Rise course titles. e.g.,
    Original: Québec : Traitement équitable des clients
    Renamed: Quebec : Traitement equitable des clients
  • Remove accents from filenames of media items WITHIN the rise file (e.g. video, audio)
    Original: Résultats et attentes.mp4
    Renamed: Resultats et attentes.mp4
  • Shorten filenames for videos e.g., 
    Original: Video to use in Rise with a long filename_1080p_2022-07-11.mp4
    Renamed: Video for Rise-2022-07-11.mp4

Cheers,

- Dino