Failed .Xliff Import

Jul 21, 2021

Hello!

As I am not very well versed with .xliff, I am not really sure where the upload is failing. We had multiple translated documents uploaded just fine but somehow this one part is giving us an error. Translated document is in Danish (if that helps). Thanks!

7 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi July, I am sorry you are having some trouble with importing a translated XLIF file. I am here to help. The XLIF file can only be imported back to the exact same course it was exported from. If you import it to a different course, even if it is a duplicate, the import will fail.

If you are importing the XLIF to the correct course and it is still failing, please open a case here. We would love to take a closer look and see what might be causing the issue.

Chris Laidlaw

I have a file from a course which was translated from English to Latin Spanish. The upload fails every time and the translation company doesn't know why this file would be failing. Yes, the file is being imported into the same course the English XLIFF file was exported from.

I opened the *.XLF file in an XLIFF editor and all fields have been translated and align between source and target fields. I can' see why it would fail.

Bridgett Horn

I am having the same issue with the import failing.  A contractor did the original English version of the Rise lesson and did not duplicate the lesson and export individual XLIFF files for each language for the translators.  Is there any way to update the XLIFF file to be imported into a duplicate copy of the Rise lesson?  Is there a way to adjust the XML with an identifier or something that would allow this?  Any other suggestions on how to address this?

LerNetz Lernmedien

Just duplicate the original lesson and give it a nice name. Then import the XLIFF into the source of the duplicate (the source of the XLIFF export) and you're good to go. Background: each sequence in the exported file gets an ID - if this doesn't match on import (which is the case with a duplicate, nothing works... - when you import the translation into the source file of the xliff-export, the ID's match and the import works. Hope it helps - I made the same mistake today (and solved it like this)...