FIX NEEDED: Exported xliff file from RISE has included the default text block wording

May 28, 2019

I have exported the xliff file from RISE and it has included the default text block wording multiple times, even though this wording is not anywhere in my course (included the offending text below).

When we show up to the present moment with all of our senses, we invite the world to fill us with joy. The pains of the past are behind us. The future has yet to unfold. But the now is full of beauty simply waiting for our attention.

Pinned Reply
15 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Aukalen,

Thanks for letting us know you're seeing the same problem. Do you know which block type the text might have come from?

It's possible that the filler text came from a block type that can be converted to other blocks. For example, if you add a Paragraph with Heading block, then change it to a Paragraph block, the heading text is preserved in the background in case you want to switch it back. 

If you know which block type caused the issue, that clue could help us nail down a solution!

Nigel Kirkby

Hi, I just posted about this elsewhere but am finding the same problem where we have the "When we show up to the present moment with all of our senses, we invite the world to fill us with joy. The pains of the past are behind us. The future has yet to unfold. But the now is full of beauty simply waiting for our attention." text appearing in our exported xliff files, but not in our course.

It's definitely from a text block that must have been changed from 'paragraph with heading/subheading' to simply 'heading' but the placeholder text has been retained in the xliff file.

Rachel Kelly

Adding this solution in case it is helpful. 

In our team's instance today, the offending text always followed a Heading Block. I changed all Heading blocks to Statement blocks. In a Paragraph with Heading block, I separated into Paragraph and Heading blocks, then changed Heading to Statement.

Re-exported the xliff, there were no more occurrences of the text.

If you have this issue, but do not use Heading blocks: Look for the text that immediately precedes the problem text. Experiment with changing that block type. 

Karl Muller

Do this simple test to see the problem:

Create a Paragraph with heading block.

You will see:

Heading 

When we show up to the present moment with all of our senses, we invite the world to fill us with joy. The pains of the past are behind us. The future has yet to unfold. But the now is full of beauty simply waiting for our attention.

Now use the drop-down to change the block type to Heading. The paragraph "When we show up ...." disappears.

Use the drop-down to change the type back to Paragraph with heading. The paragraph "When we show up ...." is displayed again.

This suggests when a Paragraph with heading block is changed to a Heading block, that while the paragraph text is no longer seen, it's actually still included in the course.

Paragraph with subheading works the same way.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Michael! Thanks for letting us know you're encountering this issue as well.

We are still working on getting a fix for this issue. In the meantime, you can try adding a new text block Instead of changing a text block that contains a paragraph as a workaround.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and possible delay in your work. We'll post updates on this thread as soon as we receive any updates or make changes to this behavior.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.