How to embed a Youtube video in RISE

Mar 05, 2019

Hi - Sorry if this is a basic question.

I know this is doable (I've seen it done in youtube videos), but since the blocks changed in the latest RISE update I'm unable to find any block that allows me to enter web video embed code. Am I missing something?

Would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

32 Replies
David Smith

Thanks Anthony.

Kind Regards,

David Smith
Manager, Learning & Development
PHONE 306-719-4559
CELL 306-216-7431

Please visit the L&D Blog for more information from the L&D Team

[cid:image002.png@01D4D352.AF36CC10][cid:image004.png@01D4D352.AF36CC10][cid:image006.png@01D4D352.AF36CC10][cid:image007.jpg@01D4D352.AF36CC10]

This email including attachments is privileged and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any redistribution or copying of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this message.

David Smith

Thanks Allison - Appreciate you letting me know.
Cheers,
David

This email including attachments is privileged and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any redistribution or copying of this message is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete this message.

Karl Muller

We host all of the videos that we have created in-house, on Vimeo and add the URL in Rise.

The reason we do this, is because video files can be huge, and hosting them greatly reduces the size of the SCORM package.

Also when it comes to updating the video, we just need to replace the video on Vimeo, and there is no need to republish and re-upload the course to our LMS.

Claudia Medina

Hi Crystal, I have been able to embed videos, but I would like to embed a website or URLs of other Rise components from other courses. I can do it by using the share link, for example, but although I uncheck the metadata, the metadata is displayed anyway. For example, I get the Rise 360 words under the link, if I use the link from another course. Is there any way to remove or hide the metadata all together?

Thanks for your help!