Import translated XLIFF file errors

Nov 17, 2021

Hello, I am running into errors importing XLIFF files.  The issue is we first tested the import with a few lines of text to make sure it worked.  It did, so the supplier continued to translate the XLIFF file.  Now when we go to import the finalized XLIFF file I get a "import failed" message.  This is the only scenario where I've received this message.

Hoping someone has any ideas why this is happening and/or how to solve for it.

Thank you in advance, Tara

5 Replies
Lea Agato

The common cause of this error when importing translated XLIFF file is importing an XLIFF file to a Rise course where it did not originate from. Possibly, the course was edited after the XLIFF file was exported, or you're importing the course into a copy of the course where the XLIFF file was exported from. Please try the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Create a duplicate of your original file.
  2. Export the XLIFF file from the duplicate you created.
  3. Re-create a new translation file.
  4. Import the new translation file into the duplicate file.

You can check out this article for detailed steps on translating your Rise course.  I hope this helps!

Tara Rohrbach

Hello,

We followed all the steps. We duplicated the original. Exported the XLIFF file from the duplicated course. Translated that exported file. Then attempted to import the completed XLIFF file. We have done this successfully for other courses. I have no idea how to identify why an "import fail" message is happening. This is extremely frustrating as this is a lot of work to translate these files to have them fail at the import stage.

Angelo Cruz

Hello Wera! I'm sorry to hear about that.

I see that you've opened a support case and Johnrey is working with you on this one. Once you have uploaded the files he's requesting, he should be able to look into the issue and assist you further.

Feel free to reply back to Johnrey if you have any questions.