Importing storyline360 features to rise

Jun 09, 2022

Hi I predominantly use rise to design courses but would like to start pulling some things designed in storyline to my rise courses. I have tried to do this but it sits as what looks like a ppt slide rather than looking like its built in rise. Can someone advise me how to make this sit in rise correctly.

4 Replies
Daniel Canaveral

Hi Lauren.  I get what you're saying with the SL block giving off that PPT kind of vibe.  One thing that I just tried exploring was publishing each slide of a current project to Review 360, thus giving me the ability to insert each slide as a block and have the user move down the page as oppose to playing through the SL project in a single block...does that make sense?

Here's what that would look like: https://rise.articulate.com/share/Js6ww7hP1DFeAdS8SXp2i-F9wEFaWw1k

One glaring problem with this approach, though, is you lose the ability to have variables track across the learning experience, as evidenced by the disconnect between block 3 (where the user selects interests for each team member) and block 4 (where the user is supposed to see those interests change the state of the choices displayed in a text message).

You can see how it's supposed to work here:  https://360.articulate.com/review/content/0319f68e-e458-4616-90cf-ff6a90d80852/review

Nisha Makan

Hi Lauren, how it looks depends on whats on your storyline slides but a tip that may help is to make the following the same colour:

• The background colour of your Storyline block in Rise
  • The background colour of your slides in Storyline
  • The colour of your player in Storyline (can’t remember the exact name of the setting off the top of my head) (even if your not using the player this will stop a “box” appearing on load of the SL block in Rise)

I normally use something neutral like light grey.

Tom Kuhlmann

Good question. Here are a few of the things I do:

• Keep the Storyline slide clean with as few things on it as possible. For example, I can add title and subtitle blocks in Rise. So I remove those things in Storyline. This gives me more space to work with the interaction in Storyline.
  • Match the slide background to the Rise background (usually white)
  • Use the same theme fonts
  • Use the same accent color. Since Rise constrains you to one accent color, in Storyline, I try to keep most objects to a neutrally gray and then sprinkle in the accent color
  • If the Storyline file has any distinct design elements, I try to bring those into Rise.

Here's an example I used in a webinar. Look at the Serenity template in Storyline and then see how I modified the Rise colors and icons, etc to match the template design.