Issue with Rise exported course not showing complete in SIlkroad LMS

Sep 30, 2020

Hello all, 

We have had problems with our Rise courses showing complete in the Silkroad LMS, the students complete the training and when assessing the eCourse in the course shows "mastered" but the percentage and the "mark" complete status are empty. We then have to go in and force the complete and percentage mark. Is this an issue with our export settings or Silkroad or Scorm 2004. or .....?????

any help would be awesome. Heather

Silkroad and Rise issue

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Heather!

Some LMS's won't receive completion data or resume properly unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the course again after adding the Exit Course button or link, and let me know if that resolves the issue!

Salman Farooqi

Hi Heather, just wondering if you are able to resolve this issue? We are using SilkRoad LMS as well and having same issue with Rise exported course. I have tried publishing SCORM 1.2, 2004, 2nd, 3rd, 4th additions, and ACCI packages but same results. I have also tried adding the EXIT COURSE link as well but no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jiawen Zhu

I’m a web developer who has been supporting Rise and Articulate software for our internal team at a publishing company(not an Articulate developer). I’m also involving in the LMS community and try to bring a good and easy solution for instructors and instructional designers. 

I’ve recently developed a backend system that connects to google excel API and gets data from any quiz, exam that is built from HTML. So basically when your students take a quiz, the data such as student name, score, a timestamp will be pushed into your google excel.  This is especially easy for our instructional designers because all they need are free google accounts. Also, I’m not analyzing any of your data, all the back-end does is to use a Node API to send the data to your google excel. I’m doing this for my side project, but if I get too many clients and my server cannot handle them, then I’m going to charge a small fee just to keep my server running.  Until then, it’s free.

Here is the quiz you can try. (please put a dummy name or whatever you feel comfortable with)
https://jiawenzhu.github.io/profile/project_idea/quiz/quiz

Here is the google sheet that you can take a look at(using a google testing account).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_EzUBqVL54_pUsW0eVdVrUk1FRXJEKES1K3SAM7dKhg/edit?usp=sharing

Also if you want more features, please let me know. I’m going to develop more features when there are many people ask them. 

For now, you can embed this link in an iframe. 
For instance, 
<iframe src="https://jiawenzhu.github.io/profile/project_idea/quiz/quiz" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

As long as the quiz in the HTML format, this way will work. Feel free to ask, if there are any questions. 

Renz Sevilla

Hi Jiawen! 

Thanks for sharing this with us here in the community!

I see you've also shared this here in another thread. Do you have any examples of anything related to Articulate web output connected to a sheet?

I'm sure the community would love to see what you've worked on and how to link it with Articulate products like Storyline 360 or Rise 360!

Kelly Thompson

I am having a similar problem with a Rise course in our LMS Cloud Assess. If assessment is set with an 80% pass mark and 2 additional attempts to achieve. If the learners obtain the 80% it works perfectly, however if they do not the LMS still shows the course as in progress, it does not outcome it to not satisfactory? Learners then believe they can have another assessment attempt - which the course will not allow as they have already had 3 attempts. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kelly! What reporting option did you select when you published for LMS?

• Passed/Incomplete
  • Passed/Failed
  • Completed/Incomplete
  • Completed/Failed

It sounds like you may have selected Passed/Incomplete, since the course remains in progress after the learner fails the quiz. Try switching to Passed/Failed, which should allow the course to complete even if they failed the quiz.

Please report back and let me know if that helps you!