LMS not tracking Rise courses by completion of the Storyline block.

Sep 21, 2021

Good morning, 

I cannot share the course publicly as it has proprietary information. However, I am having MAJOR issues with Rise and Storyline. We have a few long training videos that are mandatory for compliance. Even though the video is an hour, the learner can just skip through to the end of the course and finish in under 2 minutes. This will not work from a compliance standpoint. Here is what I have done to try and remediate this:

1. The video is on Storyline with completion and true/false variables set up to ensure that they complete the video (variables are set to "when the timeline ends").

2. The player has no seek bar, and there is not way for them to forward seek.

3. The video is in Rise - with continue blockers in place (complete activity above). The forward seeking option has been turned off.

4. The Scorm file is set to track by the results of the Storyline block.

Results - When the course is uploaded to the LMS the learner is still able to bypass all blockers and finish the course in under 2 minutes, and the report is still showing that they completed the training.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Selina. It sounds like you have things set up properly, but it can be the details that get in the way! Could you privately share your .story file and your Rise 360 course with us in a case? We keep everything confidential and delete it when we're done troubleshooting. You can do that here.

If that doesn't work for you, tell me about the course completion trigger in the Storyline file. What causes that trigger to fire? If you can share a screenshot of that trigger, that would be great! If you publish the Storyline course for LMS and test it directly in the LMS or in SCORM Cloud, does that course complete before the video finishes?

Thanks!