Mobile Screen Readers and Question Feedback

Jan 20, 2022

I have recently started on an accessibility journey with my companies learning content. I have been testing our content made in Rise 360 with a multitude of devices, including using Android's TalkBack reader.

We have found that when we use question components in the course and provide feedback within the component, TalkBack will only state that it is the feedback field and not read the contents. We don't get this issue using iOS's VoiceOver, which has puzzled me further.

Has anyone else had this experience and found a fix?

3 Replies
Eswarkumar Kantheti

I am using storyline360. I am also facing one issue, when we are playing the content in android tab chrome browser using talkback screen reader. I ubserved the screen reader is reading plain text two or three times when When we focus using the (Alt+Right Arrow) or (Alt+Left Arrow). I also checked before and after upgradeing the text. I request you to get solution for this issue. Please help me if any one have any idea. I created a discussion in community. Please check the link below.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/talkback-screen-reader-reading-the-text-two-times

Please check the attached two screenshots for focus area reference..

Thank You