Ownership of Rise Courses

Dec 21, 2017

Is there anyway to get ownership back or will there be a feature to get ownership back after transferred. For instance, if I transfer a Rise course to a co-worker and they somehow are not in the office or unable to access it, how can I get it back?

73 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Thanks for chiming in and explaining why it's so important to you, Catherine! That's super helpful. I added your voice to the feature request.

I don’t currently have any updates at this time, but you're now subscribed to this conversation which means as we share updates here, you’ll automatically be notified.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Allison LaMotte

Hi everyone,

Good news: we just released some new features that are going to solve a lot of the pain you've points you've brought up in this thread. 

The first one allows you to assign different roles for different users. Here's a video that shows how that works

The second one makes it easy to transfer Rise 360 content from one team member to another when someone leaves the team.

Check out this video to see how it works and this step-by-step tutorial for more details. 

And these aren't the only cool features we released today! Visit our what’s new page for the full list.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments. :)

Ian Martin

Yes, adding my thanks. I waited patiently and trusted that the Articulate 360 team would eventually come up with a simple, effective solution. The wait was worth it.  Excellent that we can transfer all courses to another subscriber in one click when they leave.

(Plus as usual great new features - been experimenting successfully with scenarios already.)

Sheri Moore

Checking in on this thread - this is a huge pain point for my team, as well. We had a teammate leave the team and had to rebuild a course that she had ownership of from scratch last year. Now, there is a function that allows us to transfer ownership when we remove an author from a seat, which is great!

What I'd really love to see is an admin setting that lets us automatically assign all seats as collaborators on content and prompt the author to assign a secondary owner for each course. With a 10-seat authoring team, we really need the flexibility to hand off edits and reviews and to avoid the bottleneck of publishing content when the original author is on vacation or gone for the day!

Melinda Varley

I second Sheri Moore request.  We are a team of course developers and having one owner is very restrictive, particularly when urgent changes are required to a course and the 'owner' is absent or on leave. When will this issue be rectified as I can see there are multiple requests for this in this thread which is more than 12 months old.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Melinda! 

You can add collaborators to any Rise 360 course, and set the collaborators' role to Admin. Admins can do everything course owners can do (edit, publish, etc.) except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. 

Check out this article for more tips on collaborative authoring in Rise 360. 

Rise-master Careerforce

None that I've heard of....

We've got a workaround - we have multiple accounts, and we treat one as the master where ownership is retained, files are then shared with other accounts are used as second tier accounts where the work is done. Bottom line is that it costs my organisation for an extra account we shouldn't need.

Jennifer Fyffe

Adding another vote to this thread. I agree, the updates implemented some time ago are helpful; being able to move content from one owner to another is great. And my team has a workaround for that. However, at times, we may not know what courses were created and may not have been moved back to our sole owner prior to the creator leaving the company, going on leave, having a sick day, etc. A feature that indicates each course that was created under a specific team would be helpful. This would likely require the ability to filter - our team's license covers MANY unrelated teams within our company, so sifting through them would be tedious without a filter. But it would be amazing if we could see who currently has ownership of which courses in our team. And be able to shift them around, if needed, maybe with Admin rights?

Stephen Hird

I'll add to this - over a year since the last comment.

How have you not implemented robust content management tools as yet? It's been 5 years since they were first brought to your attention as a showstopper for many users work and little has happened. It's not rocket science, this is a well established requirement for collaborative software.

Kelly Auner

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.