Poor image quality when uploading an image with Rise

Apr 10, 2017

Hello,

I created and saved-for-web a .png image in Photoshop. When I uploaded it with Rise (as a centered image in my blocks-lesson), it converted it with poor quality. Is it possible to avoid those artifacts? Looks not so good when a course is viewed on PC screen.

Thank you!

Pinned Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone!

Do you have an image that looks blurry in Rise 360? We've designed a workaround to keep your images looking crystal clear.

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that the 5GB file size limit still applies, and you could see an increase in your output file size.

248 Replies
Jan Dusek

@articulate is there some feature request we can all vote on for this? This thread has been opened for 5 years with zero progress (save for that _NOPROCESS_ workaround) and fixing this would be a huge quality of life improvement for a lot of us.

I could personally live without every single new feature you've released in past 2 years, if you just fixed this one thing.

Learning and Development

That _NOPROCESS_ workaround is not working for some image files today. The files look great before uploading and are set to be square to match where they will go in Rise. Tried several formats including tiff, png, gif. Have logged a request. A proper fix for this is required to avoid this being an ongoing issue. 

Rise 0

We cant get this fully working in this amount of years, but we get themes. Not to put one feature against the other, but really...

I have seen perfect chart pictures rendered from powerpoint to PNG turn to grainy, blurry  useless info when in rise.
There should be a smart solution for this in 2022. By smart i don't mean manually adding some code expression to the file name.

I was concerned to read in the posts some customers considered that workaround "an easy solution", talk about being conditioned not to expect/require anything with ease of use from articulate. The discovery of Rise should have changed that.

Linh Truong

Hello everyone,

We are facing the same issues with the downgrade of the quality of our uploaded images.

Our workaround steps now are (if this could inspired anyone else):

1. Host the image on another cloud server
  2. Upload the image on Rise but disable the option to zoom in when user clicks on the image
  3. Add a text under each image "Click HERE to enlarge the image" and add the URL to the image hosted on the server.

It's a quite time-consuming process but it's our fast and not-too-complicated way to guarantee a high quality images.

We are really looking forward that this issue could be fixed as soon as possible. 

Cheers,

Linh