Poster Frame Image in Rise video

Aug 28, 2018

Hi Everyone, 

I have a video which I have created/published from SL360, for the purposes of inserting into a Rise course (as a video in a Block (ie not a SL module insert)).

I am going round in circles - simply trying have the video image show before the learner clicks to play. (ie as opposed to a black frame).

I enabled Poster Frame Image when I created in SL, however, I saw this post re PFI not be enabled in Rise (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/rise-video-poster-frame).

As an alternative I added a still image at the start of the timeline in SL and republished, but I just went from a black to a white set frame.  

I am sure this must be a very simple thing, but I am stumped. 

Thanks Christine

30 Replies
Christine Hounsham

Hi Alyssa, yes that worked thank you. 

It did increase the video file size from 17,500 KB to over 54,000 KB.  Most learners will be in regional areas with slow download speeds (1.5 Mbps ave) and as such I am trying to keep file sizes of assets to a minimum.  I will compress with a third party app,

but I was wondering if there was a way to control quality settings in Replay to help minimise file sizes?

Thanks again.  Christine

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Christine,

I know our team was also looking into an issue where videos added into Rise are increasing in size upon export. I'd love to have you video as another example for the team to take a look at! 

If you can attach it here, use the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window. 

Julia Mays

+10 for this, please.  It's been over two years, with multiple updates in between.  This is basic presentation 101 stuff...the difference between a polished product and amateur.  I shouldn't have to spend time using third party software to try to splice a still frame to the front of my video, to reproduce something that's already available in your core Storyline software.  This isn't a feature....it's a fix.  It's lack of timely response to things like this and the request for morph transitions that begin to create doubt that Articulate is keeping up with the times.