Progress Data from Rise (via SCORM)

Dec 15, 2022

Is it possible to track the completion of individual lessons in Rise using Moodle (or any LMS)? I guess it's down to the actual LMS but does the RISE SCORM provide that information (even if the LMS fails to use it)? Currently SCORM Cloud appears to only track a completion event - it fails to record completion of individual 'lessons'. 

8 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, John. Rise 360 output won't report on the percentage of completion, or the number of lessons complete. It will simply tell the LMS whether the learner has met the completion requirements or not.

The course will, however, hold a learner's place so they can resume the course from where they left off if they've exited.

John Curran

Crystal,

Yes I understand that but there is quite a lot of extra data in the SCORM comms. See below (from the module log when run on SCORM cloud):

https://app.cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/ViewDebugLog?logId=4c16eea2-eb73-4683-b477-d50cf7faa71d&courseTitle=The+Business+Case+for+Flexible+Working

So with a bit of custom code I guess it should be possible to learn more about progress apart from a simple bookmark. For example that code sample also shows which questions were answered correctly or incorrectly.

I know that sort of customisation is beyond most of us but I am working with a developer.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Cathie! Have you reached out to your LMS administrator for suggestions or options?

You can also check out the forum post below regarding the integration of Google Analytics to Rise:

Rise & Google Analytics?

You might be able to pick up some helpful information or even post your query for other community members.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Cathie! Have you reached out to your LMS administrator for suggestions or options?

You can also check out the forum post below regarding the integration of Google Analytics to Rise:

Rise & Google Analytics?

You might be able to pick up some helpful information or even post your query for other community members.