Forum Discussion

KatrinaHunter-c
Community Member
3 months ago

Publish Rise 360 Course, Wordpress Website, Zip file only

Is there an updated explanation for how to get a Rise 360 course to publish/be available on a WordPress site? Can this be done without a bunch of other steps, downloads, etc.

Are there any free downloads for plugins?

Courses on our website for what I plan to do will not be a high number so I don't know about a heavy investment. Also, I only want to send a files that I develop to the web master to upload on the Wordpress site. I want what I hope is an easy solution to this issue. 

5 Replies

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Katrina, I have a wordpress site and use the ftp provided by my hosting service (godaddy) and create a new folder where I want the course to do, upload the zip and then there's an option to extract the zip and the course is ready. An example of a course uploaded this way: https://theme-360.com/rise/photographing-sasquatch

• Hi Katrina

Are these just open 'free' courses?? If so Phil Foss's approach is probably all you need to do.

If, however, you are looking to sell the courses you will, obviously, need some form or LMS, User Registration and eCommerce plug-ins.

We use the LearnDash plug-in which now comes with a compatible Membership registration add-on and will integrate with most payment systems.

I wrote an article last year on LinkedIn that explains why we started looking at LearnDash (initially for one of our clients)

A practical look at the LearnDash plug-in LMS | LinkedIn

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards

morash
    Community Member

Hi Phil Foss,
    in this case you will not be able to generate report, see users results etc? 

for such cases do I need to find a plugins?

I have courses and planning to upload it on wordpress but I am still in phase of investgation :) 

PhilFoss
      Community Member

Hi Mo thats correct its just static hosting of a course. John's recommendation of the LearnDash looks like an interesting solution. I also have a woocommerce plugin and a 'user role editor' that gives me control of assigning content to users who have registered, but like you I'm still investigating these tools.

• Hi, John,

we have an LMS already, but thank you. This "course/presentation" is not something we would be looking to track, so it would be free. However, I will take a look at LearnDash. :-)