Remove Progress\Completion bar

Sep 24, 2018

Is it possible to remove the progress and completion bar on the menu?

I am using RISE as a reference training manual, with the aim for experienced members of the our engineering team to quickly access sections relevant to them.  Therefore this wont be use as a traditional training course, so doesn't require this functionallity.

There are a few options in the course settings that are configurable:

• Marking Lessons Complete - Set to off doesn't affect the completion bar
  • Lesson Count Labels- Set to off. However this only affects the labels. 

I can change the labels within the theme, but this is not an ideal solution.

Any thoughts or alternative ideas are much appreciated.

11 Replies
Allison Goldthorpe

Hi Martin,

I believe the only way to remove the progress indicator would be to turn off the sidebar in its entirety. You might be able to recreate some functionality by having buttons on an intro page, kind of like a branching scenario as described here.

The downside of turning off the sidebar is that users would lose the ability to search. To me, the decision would depend entirely on the amount of content. If it's short, I'd lean toward the "branching scenario" set up. If it's long, I'd keep the progress bar.

If you haven't already, I'd submit a feature request to turn off just that one piece of the sidebar.

Cheers,

Allison

Andres Miller

Seems like this request was submitted YEARS ago, what's the hold up? I was getting by using a custom CSS file with something like the code below but that appears to have stopped doing the trick as my users are once again seeing a very confusing progress indicator that I would love to just TURN OFF.

Used to work:

.lesson-link__progress {
display: none;
}
.progress-bar {
}

Swarda Padwal

The codes didn't work because the element name was changed.

I only replaced the element name and it has worked. You need to add these into the body -- style tags.

Here's the script for removing the progress bar and the completion text:

.organic .nav-sidebar-header__progress-text {     

}        

.organic .nav-sidebar-header__progress-track {     

}

Here's the script for removing the pie-like lesson progress icons:

.organic .progress-circle__track {     

}

Regards