Report on attempt and question response data

Nov 15, 2022

Background: I have a Rise course that culminates in a short 5 question quiz with an 80% pass requirement. The quiz allows unlimited attempts.  The course is exported in SCORM 2004, 4th edition format because we want to be able to track trends for which questions people are getting incorrect regularly. 

The issue:

• In our LMS (Bridge), all quiz reattempt that a learner has made on the quiz within our Rise course seem to be grouped and reported back as one individual attempt, so learners always show as having passed on first attempt when this is not accurate.
  • LMS reporting for quiz question responses shows only one row for each learner, with the quiz questions showing in the columns along the top of the report. (Mock-up attached). If the learner has reattempted the quiz, the questions are then duplicated again as new additional columns for each reattempt that learner makes. This makes analysing trends impossible.
  • The LMS I used at my last company (Cornerstone) would interpret SCORM 2004, 4th edition format outputs from Rise courses to display a separate row for each learner attempt on the quiz, with the same number of questions listed across the top columns for consistency (Mock-up attached). This would enable us to analyse trends and determine which questions people typically struggled to get correct first time.

The request: Naturally, I contacted Bridge to query whether we could change the interpretation of the data / reporting in our LMS. However they have responded saying that this will be an issue with how the quiz has been setup in Rise. 

Can someone please help?

7 Replies