Review deleted all comments!

Oct 02, 2022

Hello,

I hope someone can tell me what I can do to resurrect all of the comments in my Rise file? They were left by a half dozen different people. I made a number of changes, and published a new version to Review. All of them were deleted! I was able to find another document that contained them by clicking "see comment" from an email, but they don't show you where in the file the comment appeared. This has happened to me twice now, and is a big problem. Can anyone help me? Thanks so much!

3 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Diane!

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear about the missing comments in your Rise course published to Review.

I see that you have opened a support case (03381644) and worked with my colleague Darwin. It looks like you have sorted out the issue with his help; that's great! But should you need further assistance on this, you may reply directly to the case, or let us know and we'll be here to help! 

Have a great weekend!

Beth Panzini

I would like to know how this issue was resolved, I am having the same problem.  I am the owner of a  Rise course where Reviewers placed their comments.  I made edits to the lesson text, then went to Share / Publish new version / Publish a new version of an existing item, carefully making sure I select the correct existing item.  This updates the Rise content, but does not show the existing comments from previous publishes.

In another thread on this topic,  the staff posted this  User Guide that states "Comments roll forward with each new version, so you’ll see comments for the version you selected and all versions"

The comments are not rolling forward.  Please provide instructions on how to have them present in each publish.  The steps in the User Guide are not working. 

Gren Foronda

Hi Beth!

Sorry to hear that your Review 360 course does not show the existing comments from previous publishes.

I see that you have also opened a support case ( 03791951), and working with my colleague Darwin on getting this issue resolved. We'll continue this conversation in your support case, but please let us know if you need anything else!