Rise 360 multi-owners, upload CSS, font styles, colours

Apr 05, 2023

5 April 2023
Hi,
I have been developing training for many years using Articulate. My current organisation, which has recently purchased Articulate 360/Rise 360 for our Learning and Knowledge Management team, has clients in over 20 countries.
We are in the beginning stage of going digital; converting thousands of pages of content from manuals, how-to-guides, etc. into online learning courses and knowledge base information. Therefore, it is important to have the best functionality available in a training app so the team can upload/update/create TOGETHER, and quickly (in an agile environment).
Having only one Owner per course is slowing us down considerably and we need to have this functionality implemented yesterday. As an example, the course Owner was on leave Monday and did not transfer the course prior to going on leave. Therefore, as a Collaborator, I could not access all functionality. This set me back a day. If multiple owners is not added to Rise 360, it will greatly affect the completion date of this project.
Can you please allow us to regulate how many Owners can be assigned to one course? (I noticed that several other people have requested this functionality.) Example: The members of my team who need to be Owners for all courses are Customer Support Manager, Knowledge and Learning Manager, several Instructional Designers, several Technical Writers. Because our products are highly technical, not everyone is an expert at every product, therefore, we need the multi-owner functionality.

We also require the following in order to stylise content according to our brand and standards:
ability to change:  all font styles (especially in accordions), font case (i.e. NEXT TOPIC button – our standards dictate no caps, but sentence case), all heading styles
ability to upload our own brand CSS. It is so tedious to have to keep inserting the HEX every time I want to change colours.

I also noticed that, over the past few years, many people have requested the above functionalities as well. Several years is plenty of time to have implemented all of these. It is imperative that we meet our deadlines for the conversion from paper docs to digital, and extremely important that you implement all the above so that we can meet our deadlines.
Would you please let me know as soon as you add these functionalities? I appreciate it!
Regards,
Pam S.

Pinned Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

10 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Pam,

Each course can have only one Course Owner, but you can have multiple Course Managers.

When you add Collaborators for a course, their default role will be Collaborator.

Once the team member has been added, you can change their role to Course Manager. 

These are the permissions for the three types of Collaborators:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.

Source: https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360/articles/rise-360-work-on-a-course-with-other-team-members  

Pamela Sawyer

ok sorry - I thought you worked for Articulate. Anyway, I give up. From what I've read in many of the forums, it doesn't look like very many things have gotten fixed over the years. I'll just have to find work arounds, which makes me mad because the project I'm working on is huge and I don't have time for that. But it is what it is, especially if Adobe doesn't want to fix it. Sigh.

Ok Karl. Thanks for your help anyway. I'll keep chugging along.

Karl Muller

Hi Pam,

Here is how we handle our corporate branding in Rise.

I created a Rise course and added one of each block type that exists in Rise.

Using our corporate visual style and branding guide, I applied font sizes, colors, block backgrounds, and padding to each block that required it. I provided descriptions of when, where and how to use each block type. New team members and SME's use this course as a reference.

Then I created Block Templates for each block that had corporate branding applied to it, and I shared those Block Templates with our team.

Next I created a blank Rise course that we use as a template for new courses. The entire THEME consisting of the course cover image, icon, custom color, fonts, navigation, labels and publish settings have all been set up. The course has a blank Lesson and also a Quiz with formatted examples of each question type, and the global Quiz Settings have also been set up. When a Quiz needs to be created, we start by duplicating an existing quiz.

When we start a new project, I copy the template course and rename it, and assign team members to it. 

They then start populating the course content using only previously styled and formatted blocks from the team Block Template library. This saves a huge amount of time as we don't have to make any repetitive changes, as we never have to change a single Hex color, adjust the font size etc.

This method not only saves time, but also ensures total consistency and correct corporate branding no matter which team member is creating the Rise course.

Phil Mayor

@Karl Muller is one of the most knowledgeable people who posts on Rise here, I am sue he was trying to help.

In terms of theming there is more that can be done, but themes have changed a lot recently, I do the same as Karl create a master and then share that. 

A lot of the focus for Articulate has been on accessibility and workflow, I am sure that it is on the radar.

Have you raised a feature request?  Although posting here is seen by staff a feature request is logged and they are prioritised based on how many request them.                            

Pamela Sawyer

Yes - I have already apologised to Karl. But I'll do it again. Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. Been really sick and also just got out of hospital - total knee replacement. I am aggravated at the lack of important functionality, not Karl. And the project I am working on is huge. We are at the very beginning stage of going digital and I'm trying to chase my tail to find workarounds to get this thing rolling. (I don't believe I had so many issues when I used this app before it became 360.) Anyway, I will keep a list and search online for answers; if I don't find answers, I'll put in a request, but I reckon everyone has run across the same issues over the years. But I also notice in posts from years ago that the same issues are still there. 

Karl Muller

Hi Pam,

No worries, I'm good :-) 

To some degree we all share your frustrations. We've all faced a situation where we could not implement our instructional design because of something that either isn't available in Rise, or doesn't work very well.

So please keep asking questions, and the community will help wherever we can.

Hope your knee surgery recovery goes well.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Pam. I'm letting you know that we counted this discussion on several of our feature requests involving managing courses across a team, custom color palettes, and global font control. We'll be able to follow up with you here if those enhancements are released. I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks again to Karl and Phil for contributing to a welcoming community!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.