Rise Course Completion in SuccessFactors

Sep 30, 2021

Hi,

I was just told that a Rise course won't send a course completion to SuccessFactors LMS UNLESS the Exit Course button is enabled in Rise and the user clicks on that button.

Is that true?

There seem to be other options like Percentage of Course complete, Completion of Quiz, and perhaps a Storyline block with a complete course trigger.  Though I was told that none of these will actually send the compete until that enables complete course button is clicked at the end of the course.

Just doesn't sound correct to me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

4 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi George, 

I can't speak about SuccessFactors as we use a different LMS, but I will explain how Rise works in our LMS if that's of any value to you.

Our courses run in a separate new window when a learner launches a course. The window with the course opens over the LMS window that moves to the background.

The only time our Rise courses send any data back to the LMS, is if learners use the Exit course link. If clicked, it will send the learner data and then close the window, taking the learner back to the page in the LMS where they launched the course.

If learners choose to simply close the window, no data at all is sent back to the LMS, and everything they did in their most recent session is lost.

This is true regardless of the course tracking or completion method that you may be using:  Percentage of Course complete, Completion of Quiz, or a Storyline block with a complete course trigger.

So in our case, learners must always use the Exit course link to send their data to the LMS.