Rise course not opening within LMS, only on Safari

Jan 06, 2022

Hi all
We have released a Rise course, which opens fine for colleagues on Edge and Chrome, but colleagues using Safari just get a blank screen.
They don't have Edge or Chrome on their Mac and Firefox etc. are restricted by the company.
Any suggestions please?
Many thanks

4 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Chris, sorry your colleagues are having trouble viewing the Rise course on a Mac and Safari browser. Are the Windows and Mac users using the same network? I recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure their device and browser are fully updated.
2. Try accessing the course with a private browsing window in Safari.
3. Clear Safari's cache.

Thank you, and let us know how it goes. 

Chris Want

Hi Chino
Thank you for coming back to me.
Please see answers to your points below:
Windows and Mac are using the same network, all are connected via vpn too.
Browsers. are regularly updated automatically by IT teams pushing out.
Incognito/private browsing is restricted - proxy setting changes cause the LMS to then not be available as it is on premise.
I will ask them to clear cache and try again.

Many thanks

David Sweeney

Hi,

I am seeing the same issue with safari and articulate Rise accessed through Moodle.  Oddly not all Rise courses but I cannot yet determine the reason why some Rise courses are opening in Safari and not others.  All open in Chrome so far.  Frustrating not being able to give a definitive answer to users.

David

Lea Agato

Hi David, 

Can you try uploading your courses in SCORM Cloud and see if you encounter the same issue? 

If your content works properly at SCORM Cloud but not in Moodle, please open a support case with your LMS provider. They’ll know how best to help with LMS-specific problems. 

If your course isn't also opening in SCORM Cloud, please send us a copy of your published course using this form, and we'll troubleshoot your issue further. Thanks!