Rise course not triggering Complete; unable to unlock next course in LMS

May 28, 2021

Hi all,

Hopefully not a duplicate question (I had a search but couldn't find a direct solution)

It seems that all of a sudden Rise courses are not triggering as complete and are reaining "in progress" status. This is also preventing subsequent courses from becoming unlocked.

I have limited access to the LMS currently (Docebo) but can relay any advice or suggestions.

As far as I'm aware, no settings have changed in Rise - which have worked well previously.

We have a button on the final page which links to our 'all courses' landing page, which leaves the course open in its current tab, might this be causing a problem?

Thanks for any thoughts/input :)

Barry

[Edit] Have recreated the issue in Firefox, Chrome and Safari with same results...

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Barry! Tell me more about the courses that aren't triggering completion. Are these courses you published recently, or have they been hosted on your LMS for a while?

Have you tried testing these courses in another LMS environment (like SCORM Cloud) to see if the same problem happens there? We'd be happy to lend a hand with that testing if you'd like to privately share your LMS output files here

Barry Carney

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your questions/suggestions 🙂

These are courses that have been on the LMS since March without any issue. We've had a few similar cases since my initial post here where it seems course progress is not tracking correctly all of a sudden.

I'll check with SCORM Cloud if possible (one issue is that seperate, sequential courses are not being unlocked so I'll see if this can be replicated in SCORM Cloud..., although it sounds like a tracking issue as the cause ??), otherwise I'll reach out to your file-sharing/troubleshooting offer!!