Rise: Default Font Size

Apr 01, 2019

In a course we are building, we are required to have a minimum font size of 18 for accessibility purposes.  Is there any way to set the default font size (not just default font)? What happens is even if we save templates with content at 18 pt, as soon as we paste (whether we use paste, paste special, or paste and match formatting) it always resorts to a 17 pt font.  This is very frustrating and can be time consuming for longer courses.  Any insight you can provide would be great! 

67 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Daniel. Would you like to see a default font size for all blocks that include text, or mainly for text and list blocks? Certain blocks, like quotes and process interactions, for example, include text but are formatted with larger and smaller font sizes by design.

In the meantime, could you use block templates to speed up adding frequently used blocks with the format you need?

Mata Henry

Hello, I am in favour of being able to customise font sizes - set a font size library.

At the moment, numbered lists in tables are only one size. So if like us, the default is 20pt, the numbering looks too small - see scrab attached.

Thank you

Melissa McDaniel

What is the best way for us to log our support for a feature request? Meaning, if Sherri (and Rick) logged a request already (2 years ago), is it helpful for us to comment here and or say +1 when indicating we too would like this as a feature, or would the team prefer we log our own feature request (for this feature) using the link above?

Jeffrey Clay

+1  This is really tedious to have to change every block of text because the default size is too small. I've been using Duplicate more to make it a little easier, but please add a default font size along with the font in Settings. It's been 2 years now, and I feel like long form type courses are being used more and more.

Colin McEwan

Yes please. +1 again... a year later.... Default font size is too small. Accessibility is an important point in the courses we develop... and we've had a number of comments about the font size being too small. And it's becoming a little difficult to explain away to a customer/client.. that "sorry that's just the way it is." - Thanks.

Leslie Scarpace

If I change the default font size in any element, will it interfere with the way the course is displayed across devices? When I test it, sections with larger fonts appear correctly across devices, but is there something I'm not catching that will cause problems for learners once the course is deployed? The default font sizes are often way too small to be readable. Thanks!