RIse: Export to PDF: produces a single blank page pdf

Feb 08, 2023

Exporting to PDF results in a single blank page pdf for existing courses in my account.

If I create a new course from scratch, Export to PDF functions as intended.

If I copy content from an existing course to the newly-created course, Export to PDF once again produces only a single blank page.

I've submitted a support request, but since others here seem to be having Export issues in the last 24 hours, I thought I'd raise the issue here as well.

9 Replies
Liz Dawrs

Update: Tech support has reproduced the issue with the file I shared with them, and are investigating it as a potential Rise software bug.

For anyone else experiencing this issue, it might get us all to a resolution more quickly if you're willing/able to file a support request, and share your files with the tech support team. That will give them more data to work with. Thanks!

eLearning Design

Inserting a "Multimedia/Audio" "block" into a lesson caused the bug for us. It wasn't the audio file itself. I tested wav, OGG, and mp3 in many locations within the course. Everytime a course had one of the audio "block" insertions, the PDF became blank. Removing the audio "block" allowed the course to create a normal PDF. My work around was to create a video with a still image and have the audio play in the background. PDFs work with video blocks. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.