14 Replies
SibaPrasad Padhi

Thank you for this info. I would like to know if this will also work, in case the user complete for example 30% of the course, and then left it. In between the course is updated as another version. So when the user open this new version is the bookmarking feature still work where they left the course previously? Is there any pop-up info shows at user end, when they open the LMS link? What is the scenario:

1. when the course structure remain same and content changed to the lesson area
  2. When the lesson also changed, removed, added 
  3. How the video bookmarking works?
Alyssa Gomez

Hi SibaPrasad,

Thanks for your questions about the Reset Learner Progress option in Rise 360.

If you update a course that has learners in-progress, those learners will start over from the beginning of the course (0% complete). They will see the most up-to-date version of the course with the lessons you changed, added, or deleted. Videos will reset back to the beginning.

Let me know if that answers your question! 

Karl Muller

Hi Gordon,

If you are not having any problems with an edited course not loading, do not use this option.

If this option is enabled, Alyssa explains just above what will happen to learners:

"If you update a course that has learners in-progress, those learners will start over from the beginning of the course (0% complete). They will see the most up-to-date version of the course with the lessons you changed, added, or deleted. Videos will reset back to the beginning."

Stephanie Dinan

Hi Crystal, sorry if this has already been stated but I'm having trouble following this thread. I have the same issue with Rise courses that have been updated and reloaded to the LMS. Users that try to resume after the update get the blank screen. I have tried republishing using the setting Reset Learning Progress with the toggle on. This doesn't seem to do anything and when I open the Rise course again the option is toggled off. Is this still an ongoing issue and is there any other workaround? 

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Stephanie!  Please open a support case here so that one of our technical support engineers can assist you directly. It seems that you have already tried Resetting Learner Progress as well as republishing but your learners are still getting a blank page. Please include information on the LMS that you are using in your support case.