Translated Rise XLIFF file do not translate question bank - High Priority help needed

Aug 19, 2022

Dear Rise team,

I am facing a problem in implementing translated xliff file to a rise course. All translated content looks fine except Question bank.

Do you have any process to do so? I have created a copy of Rise file and created a xliff out of that for translation. But the Rise question bank remain one. When i import the translated xliff file the question bank text remain in English only.

Could you guide me if i am doing any mistake?

Best regards,

Siba

11 Replies
Arjan Stolk

I face the same problem. In the XLF file from the course there is no question bank included and in the question bank itself it is not possible to export an XLF file.

We now have to translate the questions one by one incl answers. When we can export the questionbank itself to a XLF file it is a sollution. Then there is only a small update needed in the course (add a draw from a translated question bank).

Tuuli Kurkipää

We translated a course with question bank quizz. The quizz preview shows the translated questions but I cannot edit them. All the questions are translated, but in order to edit the quizz I have to manually copy  the questions from the preview (or xliff-file).

In the next project I'll 

• add all the questions in the bank to the quizz of the translation copy of the course
  • translate
  • add all translated questions to a new question bank
  • update the quizz by drawing questions from the bank 

I hope that helps while waiting for the update :)

Martin Hornsteiner

Hello, is there some progress in translating question banks?

As before, the question bank is exported to the xlf file and also translated, and then displayed in the published (translated) course. However, the question bank is not visible or editable as a question bank itself. Where are the questions stored now?

Thanks in advance.
Martin

Jose Tansengco

Hi Martin, 

Happy to look into this for you!

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify the behavior you're experiencing. 

• When you said "However, the question bank is not visible or editable as a question bank itself", does this mean that you are encountering issues when going back to the question banks in your Rise 360 course after importing your translation file? 
  • Are you able to replicate the behavior in a new project file?

The bug mentioned in this thread is for when a draw from question banks is not included in the exported XLIFF translation file. It sounds like your questions are included in the translation file. Can you confirm if I understood your issue correctly? Feel free to open a case with our support team here if you'd like to share your Rise 360 course and translation file so we can try to replicate the behavior on our end.