ungraded essay question in Rise 360

Jan 11, 2021

I am looking for an ungraded essay question type in Rise 360 with the ability to pass the learner responses to an LMS. I have tried using the fill-in-the-blank question type to capture information from learners in Rise. Is there an accept-all-responses command that I can input into the acceptable answer field so learners will not receive the 'incorrect' feedback for any response they enter?

17 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Steve! Thanks for sharing how you would use an ungraded essay question in your Rise 360 courses. While we don't offer that feature right now, I'd be happy to add your voice to our tracker for this feature request. That way, if we add it in the future, you'll be one of the first to know about it! 

For now, your best bet is to embed a form from a third-party tool (like Google Forms or Survey Monkey) using a Multimedia Embed block. The data won't be sent to your LMS, but you can track the essay responses within the third-party tool. 

Use this iFrame code format for easy embedding:

<iframe src="URL HERE"></iframe>

Erin Maloney

Hi! Adding my name to the list of folks interested in the essay function for Rise 360. If we used multiple Storyline Blocks, say for reflections throughout various lessons, is it possible that the learner could download their answers into one form at the end of the learning module? Or would a 3rd party tool like a Google form be a better choice for that desired outcome?

Paul Howard

+1 for ungraded questions!

I think such an option is beneficial and I really hope it will be added. I have to write papers myself sometimes, and such a function looks very beneficial to me. Receiving correct feedback is beneficial because you can work on your weak sides and improve. For now, when I have some problems, I use https://edubirdie.com/research-papers-writing-services  because it always helps me out and allows me to send finished tasks on time, and the quality is always high. But I also work on my writing skills, and I hope that soon everything will be improved!