Unremovable white lines around no padding, full width images

Mar 07, 2023

Hello, I cannot get rid of the white lines appearing around these full-width images with no padding on top or bottom. I've tried:

• Uploading PNG, JPG, and SVG files
  • Resizing the images to be taller & shorter
  • Deleting the blocks and creating new ones
  • Uploading the images in different lessons
  • Uploading the images in different courses
  • Exporting, previewing, and reviewing to see if they were correct in any format
  • Confirming that I don't see white lines around the images in other programs (PowerPoint, Illustrator)

I am not seeing this behavior with default images for any of the image blocks, so it seems unique to the process of uploading an external image. I also haven't seen this with no padding, full-width images I uploaded previously (~3 months ago) and saved as block templates. I am seeing this for all recently-uploaded, no padding, full width images across multiple courses in Safari and Chrome browsers.

The first attached image (in-editor) is what the white lines look like in the editor (the larger white space on the bottom is expected and for the caption, which I'm not using). The second attached image (in-export-file) is what the white lines look like in the exported SCORM file.

Could someone on the Rise 360 team please look into this? I suspect it's a bug. Thank you!

9 Replies
Sarah Nicholas

@Ellen Walter - did you get resolution for this? I am having the same issue when I have 2 full-width images one on top of the other with no padding - a weird white line appears where the image boundaries are. But, the full width images are actually a top and bottom of the same design and I am not liking the white cutout. Would love to know if you have a solution.

I've attached a screen shot of what it looks like when viewing the lesson. I use Chrome as my browser.