Video Size Limitations in Rise

Jun 03, 2019

Hello all!

I have a MP4 video I'm trying to load to Rise and it just says "processing", but nothing happens. The video size is 219,361KB. Any suggestions? Thanks!

48 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Adriane! 

The maximum file size for each video in Rise 360 is 5 GB, and your video is well under that limit. Are you using Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari to author your course? 

If you're already using one of those supported browsers and you're still getting stuck, send your video file to us by clicking here. We'll help you get this sorted out!

Sean West

Is there a maximum number of videos you can have in a Rise course?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 For example 10 videos (which are roughly 500 mbs each)

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Stefan,

Great question! The video file size and bitrate do not matter, as long as the file is less than the maximum size of 5GB.

Rise 360 re-encodes videos when you upload them. Rise also compresses videos so they have smaller file sizes while maintaining quality, converting videos to H.264 video and AAC audio in MP4 containers.

When a learner takes a course, their experience playing the video is dependent on their connection. The video does not load for the learner until they press the play button.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Walter! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading a video. Have you tried deleting the video block, then logging out of Rise? If you still cannot upload the video after logging back in, we'd want to take a closer look. 

You can share a copy of your video file privately with our Support engineers by clicking here.

Concetta Phillipps

Alyssa, I'm also having this issue with videos not processing. I had one that went for two days and didn't finish (99 mb). I deleted the block and replaced it this morning, and its been going for over an hour at the "processing" remark. My internet speed is quite high (230mb+) so I know its not my connection. I've checked the video for problems as well and didnt find any. Any advice you have would be most appreciated!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello Donald and Concetta! I'm sorry to hear you're both having trouble uploading video files to Rise 360.

The process should never take more than a few minutes, so there's no need to let it process for hours. If you notice a lag in processing, first try logging out and logging back into Rise 360. Switching to a different web browser may also do the trick.

If that doesn't work, we're here to lend a hand! Just share your video file with us in a case, and we'll test it from our side.