Website compatibility

Apr 11, 2018

HI there,

I am considering buying Articulate Rise and design my own e-learning. My questions are:

- Which web platform is best for hosting RISE courses? I've read that WIX doesn't allow courses to be hosted on websites designed with WIX. Is 'Teachable" a good option?

- What is the best solution for charging customers to take the courses? Paypal?

Many thanks,

Alistair

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Alistair, 

I've been using Amazon S3 to host and share my courses, but if you're looking to protect the courses behind a paywall and track what users are doing in the course you may want to look at using a Learning Management System (LMS). Any LMS that works with SCORM, AICC, or Tin Can API would work! If you'd like to try out SCORM Cloud it's a free standard for testing. 

Margaret Richards

Ashley - this is an old post but I'm researching LMSes and need a real quick turnaround - And I'm wondering why you are (were) using Am S3 rather than Articulate Online??  I'm also researching payment options for the first time (ie I need a system where ppl pay for access to courses which will largely be authored in Storyline and/ or Rise) if you have any suggestions that are VERY simple to set up and administer. Thanks!