Import Microsoft PowerPoint presentations into Articulate Storyline to leverage existing content. It's a great way to speed up course development, especially if subject matter experts are drafting content for you in a program familiar to them (i.e., PowerPoint).
Tip: Most PowerPoint features are supported in Storyline, but some aren't. See this article for details.
Importing PowerPoint Slides
- First, do any of the following:
- Click Import on the Storyline launch screen and select Import PowerPoint.
- Go to the File tab on the Storyline ribbon, scroll to Import, and click PowerPoint.
- Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, select the Import tab on the left, and choose PowerPoint.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, select the Import tab on the left, and choose PowerPoint.
- Browse to the PowerPoint file you want to import and click Open. Tip: If you're importing a PowerPoint file that includes Articulate Presenter resources (such as audio), be sure the *.ppta file is located in the same folder as the PowerPoint file. Otherwise, Storyline will import only the PowerPoint slides, not the corresponding Presenter resources. (Presenter doesn't need to be installed.)
- If you opened the wrong PowerPoint file or want to select a different one, click the ellipsis button (...) in the upper right corner to browse for another file.
- Storyline will display thumbnail images for all slides in the presentation. Select the slides you want to import.
- By default, all slides will be imported unless you specify otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline.
- To select or deselect a slide, just click it. The blue outline will either appear or disappear to indicate its status.
- You can also use the Select All and None hyperlinks in the upper right corner to quickly select or deselect all the slides at once.
- Use the Insert into scene drop-down at the bottom of the window to choose where the PowerPoint slides should appear in your course. You can insert them into a new scene, which is the default option, or you can choose an existing scene. If you choose a new scene, use the Scene field to give it a name.
- Click Import to complete the process.
Tip: If your presentation includes Articulate Quizmaker quizzes or Articulate Engage interactions and you encounter an error message that one or more of them couldn't be found, see this article for solutions.