Articulate Engage lets you choose which options and controls you want to include on your interaction player. To customize the player, click the first tab on the Engage ribbon (its name corresponds to the type of interaction you're using), and then click Player.
When the Player Properties window appears, the Features button will already be selected, and you can begin choosing your preferences. As you make changes to the options on the left side of the window, keep an eye on the Preview area on the right side of the window. It'll reflect your choices, so you can decide whether you like the changes.
Displaying the Player Title
When the Title box is marked, the title appears in the upper left corner of your player.
If you don't want to display a title on your player, uncheck the Title box.
The title defaults to the type of interaction you're building, but you can change it. Just type the title you want in the field provided. This changes the title on the player, but it won't change either of the following:
- The name of your project file
- The title that appears in the interaction's header bar. (See Working with the Interaction Title.)
Tip: You can also change the player title when you publish [link to Previewing and Publishing and Interaction].
Displaying a Volume Controller and Seekbar
The Controls area of the window includes additional options for your interaction player:
- Volume: If this box is marked, a volume slider will appear in the lower left corner of your player.
- Seekbar: Mark this box if you want to include a seekbar at the bottom of your player. The seekbar automatically includes play/pause and rewind buttons.
What About Navigation Controls, Such as Prev and Next Buttons?
You might have noticed that the Controls listed on the Player Properties window don't include slide navigation controls, such as Prev (previous) and Next buttons. Whether these buttons appear on your player depends on the Playback Mode you've chosen for your interaction. (See this tutorial for more about playback modes.)
To change the playback mode, close the Player Properties window if it's open. Then go to the first tab on the Engage ribbon (its name corresponds to the type of interaction you're using), and click Interaction Properties. Click the Playback tab on the left edge of the window, and select one of the following modes:
- Interactive: If you choose this playback mode, you'll have the option of displaying or hiding the Prev and Next buttons. Mark the Show previous/next buttons box to add these buttons to your player.
- Linear: With this playback mode, the Prev and Next buttons will automatically display on your player. They can't be hidden or removed.
- Presentation: When you choose this playback mode, the interaction advances by itself. There won't be navigation buttons on your player.
If you'd like to change the wording used on the Prev and Next buttons, see Changing the Player's Text Labels.
Saving Your Changes to the Player
If you click OK on the Player Properties window and then save your interaction, Engage saves your player customizations within your interaction file. It's a good practice, though, to save your player separately so you can easily apply the same player customizations to other interactions.
To save your player, click the Current Player button on the Player Properties window and choose Save. Enter a name for the player if you're prompted, and click OK.
For more details about using the Current Player options, see Saving Your Player or Switching to a Different One.